When, Where, Why, How ?
Before I get into this blog post I need to give a HUGE shoutout to Emily @ Blogerize for redesigning my blog!! I LOVE how it turned out and I’m so thankful for all her help. Definitely check them out!
Anyways, so if you’ve been following me you know I moved to Philadelphia last year and started my “Instagram Influencer” journey. I honestly didn’t know anything about this industry before I moved here. I just liked posting my fits on the gram and was planning to start my own clothing brand. As more brands started reaching out I realized there was more to this social media thing than I thought.
Fast forward, 2019 has been the best year of my life so far & its just getting started. I signed to a big talent agency, I’m moving to Upper Manhattan New York next week, and everything I’ve been working towards is finally falling into place.
How did I get here? Traveling 2+ hours to NY 3-4 days a week for events, sending countless emails to brands, pr, agencies, spent a lot of money in traveling to Paris for Fashion Weeks, perfecting my content/editing (shoutout Jess). Commuting to and from NY is sooooo exhausting and I’m so excited to finally be making this move. I finally feel like I’ll have more time to focus on other things that I’ve been putting off while trying to grow in this industry.
My Goals I want to accomplish while in NY:
(I’m normally not one to share my goals because have you ever heard that quote “dreams so big you get uncomfortable telling small minded people” ? That’s pretty much why but also I learned you shouldn’t be around those type of people because we don’t need that negative energy around here.) Anyways, goals:
- Blogging – I’m not making any promises but I really want to post on here at least once a week, maybe even more.
- Raw Content- I want to share more of my daily life in my posts and stories
- Better Style- I definitely want to step up my style game even more, especially being in NY since I’ll have more access to showrooms/brands
- Fitness- I’ll finally be in walking distance to my gym so I have no excuses and plan to take full advantage of it + start incorporating it into my content again
- Modeling- A huge goal of mine has always been signing with a modeling agency, walking runway, doing print/editorial work. Living in NY will finally make this dream possible.
If you made it this far into the blog, you a real one. But seriously if you have a goal you’re working towards or dream you’d like to accomplish, comment below or better yet, send me a DM so we can keep each other accountable. I’m here to help & support y’all just as much you support me. I’m always responding to DMs (not the thirsty ones lol) so send me a message & lmk.
& lmk what you guys want me to talk about next. I have a few ideas already but I wanna hear from y’all
As always, stay focused, keep grinding